Sunday, November 2, 2008

Screw names.

I can't remember anyone's name unless I've met them multiple times and had a few conversations with them. Chances are, if you're reading this, I don't know your name. Sorry.

I know they're essential in society because it sets us apart as separate bodies of flesh rather than one being, and they are essential because the main method of human communication is through words. However, this doesn't change my rant because I hate names more than I hate sleazy white man running for president.

Pronouns are cool though, they can stay.

Proper nouns, die in a fire.

3 Comments:

Blogger AKH said...

I'm the same way. I'll get introduced to a bunch of people and hear their names, but for some reason I just don't listen and the name doesn't click.

Then it just gets awkward because after a while I start to see the person, and at that point, it's been too long and it would be weird to ask their name again. What makes it worse is that they usually remember my name...

November 2, 2008 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger bLOWFISH said...

Um, i definitely agree with the other commenter. after a while it gets to weird to ask their name again so i just refer to them as, "hey you!" or wait till they look my way to casually say something. but im usually not that bad at remembering names. but when i am, it sucks.

November 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Melissa Partington said...

I never remember names, and then it is too awkward to find out a persons name. I usually try to listen for someone else to call them by name to find out what the persons name is. It usually works out for me, after a little while.

November 2, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home