Thursday, November 20, 2008

That Makes You Crazy

So this is a mandatory post on Craziest. So stop reading now.

My favorite thing about Craziest is how clever the title is. It references not only the "triple triple" but how the narrator/main character is actually crazy. At first I didn't realize that this was fiction because I know there are people who actually get that obsessed over things less serious then Scrabble. I though she was hyperbolic when she said she found the Oracle through Scrabble but I caught on when she said she dropped out of college to play the game.

So overall it was an alright piece. Not the best. Certainly interesting. I have never been one to find much comedy when you take something mundane and give it a false sense of over-seriousness. I can see the humor of the strange juxtaposition but I think it is a cheap way to go for easy comedy. It is only a slight step-up from what people do to come up with wacky sitcom ideas. But all that aside Craziest actually had some really funny stuff in it.

I think we watched it in order to see a type of medium for online storytelling. I don't think it was for anything else besides entertainment. But hey I'm not complaining.

401/1000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home