Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Hundred Ways You Can Waste Your Time

Flash Games. I bet everyone here has played a few on the internet. I bet most people are quite familiar with Kitten Cannon or some other stupidly popular game. Few people know kitten cannon was actually based on a Japanese game Nanaca Crash. Well I am just going to list off a few of the best games out there right now. All additively fun. All strangely complex. All good ways to not do work and fail out of college. I am only listing games I think you probably haven't played but should.


Dino Run!


You play as a small pixel raptor who is trying to outrun extinction. On the way you have to eat other dinosaurs, collect eggs, catch rides from pterodactyls and cross tar pits on the backs of trapped brontosauruses.

QWOP Olympics

This game is insanely hard. You have to get a runner to run 100 meters and you control the flexes of both his calve and thigh muscles. I have never made it past 20 meters and that was with a slow hop jump method I discovered.

Fantastic Contraption

You have to make devices that will you get your pink object from starting point A to end point B. Sounds easy at first. Then it gets tricky. Fun for the inventor type

3D Logic

If you like puzzles this is the game for you. Starts simple then gets frustratingly difficult.

Ownage Burst

Dumb name. Fun shooter. The only free flash shooter that I know of that balances ridiculous action and clever cover strategy.

Winterbells

One of my favorites. A little gem of a game that is cute, endearing, well designed, and free to play. The music is fantastic and the animation is surprisingly smooth.

Shuffle!


A simple game where you have to knock your opponents balls off the table before they can knock off yours.

This list contains a large variety of different types of games. All of which are worth a play through. Just remember to get your work done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Partington said...

That 3D logic game is really fun, I get distracted by it every time I get on my computer. So not good. I keep getting stuck on the same level, so I close it out and start over, I figure one of these days I will make it.

November 15, 2008 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Kaleb said...

QWOP Olympics is very hard! I am friggin' determined to get to at least 60 meters so that I will have far surpassed you, but it is damn difficult. I haven't even beaten twenty yet... Curses!

Don't worry, though. I will definitely overcome this obstacle. I will. I will own it, make it my own.

Probably I won't, though. I am already getting somewhat bored with it. The only thing keeping me going is the idea of beating you. And even that's losing appeal. Oh well, I tried.

November 19, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home