Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How a Small Animation Company Dominated My Heart

Pixar Studios has been making the best animated movies for the past 13 years. This isn't actually an opinion. At this point it is more or less a fact. I loved, loved, loved Wall-E and thought it was the second best movie of the summer. It just came out on DVD the other day and I think I'm going to pick it up soon. Also, Toy Story is over 10 years old. Isn't that freaky?

Here is a sneak-peak for the next Pixar movie. It is called Up and looks just as creative as their past 10 projects.



All of Pixar's movies are perfection* but it is often left up to debate which one is the most perfect. As a warning I am not saying the other movies** are not good just that this is personally my preference. I made some really tough choices here. My ranked list is as follows.

1. Monster's Inc. (It is just so charming)
2. Wall-E
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2 (Yeah I liked it better then the original)
5. Toy Story
6. Bug's Life (I think it is the underdog of the pack)
8. Ratatouille
9. Finding Nemo
10. Cars (fuck Cars)

*Cars kinda sucks
**except Cars

382/100

6 Comments:

Blogger aujwat6 said...

I love Pixar movies! Holy crap!! I can't believe Toy Story is already 10 years old! It seemed like just yesterday I watched that movie for the first time! I have never seen Wall-E, but I hear its a good movie... judging from your list, it looks like I should rent it and watch it some time.

November 20, 2008 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger The Catfish said...

I saw Ratatouie about 5 times in theaters when it came out. I love Pixar movies so much. They are always such good movies and are always creative and different. I remember seeing trailers for their new movie and being blown away. It is going to be so so good.

November 20, 2008 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger AKH said...

I, like everyone else who has already commented on this post, love Pixar films too. They're so creative and slip so many little things into their movies that a little kid may not understand or catch the first time they watch it. When I watch Pixar movies now, I think they're hysterical because of all these little things...so funny.

I don't know if I could narrow it down to one that I like the best. Ratatouille was adorable and I have found memories of Wall-E...I went with friends and we went at like 10 at night, so it was after all the little kids bedtimes. But Toy Story is a classic-oldie but goodie :)

November 20, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Chelsea Abplanalp said...

aw that looks so cute hahaha i love pixar, huge fan. Toy Story is definitely the best movie they have done though.

November 20, 2008 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Melissa Partington said...

I think my favorite part about Pixar is that you don't have to over think the movie, you can just sit there and enjoy the movie. Simple pleasure

November 21, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

Pixar is awesome. I ended up seeing Wall-E twice in theaters. All of their movies are always so entertaining to watch. It's great how they manage to put things that are funny for both the younger and older generations so that everyone likes them.

November 26, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home