Friday, December 12, 2008

Setting a silly goal.

So it seems to me I should set a non academic goal. Austin had that goal with the  paper cranes. It's just something to strive towards and to look forward to I suppose. But it can't be serious because then it's no fun and not really a relaxing activity. That being said, my new goal is to beat "Through the Fire and the Flames" on expert on Guitar Hero 3. 

For those of you living under a rock, guitar hero is this cool little guitar music simulation game in which you hit buttons and strum a little strummy thing on an approx. 1/3 plastic replica of a guitar to experience the sensation of actually playing guitar without the boring and tedious necessity of actually learning real guitar. It's pretty fun and I just happen to be good at it. This song by the group "DragonForce" is called "Through the Fire and the Flames" and is considered the hardest song in Guitar Hero 3. It's an extra song, so you don't have to beat it to beat the game. Which is good, because most people can't get past 1% of this song. It's borderline rediculous. Which is why hardly anyone beats it, because it requires actaully sitting down and practicing it. 

After I learned the game, I just whipped through the actual songs you need to beat the game in GH 3 and didn't give much of a thought to beating TTFATF because it was an extra and was way too hard to warrent my time. I could beat the rest of the game fairly easily, even if some other songs gave me problems. But now I have decided to try and beat it. 

Since it's final's time, I obviously have this vast amount of time to avoid studying. During this time I will keep trying to beat this song. I don't know what I'll do if and when I beat it. It will solidify my place as one of the best Guitar Hero players at uvm. But thats pretty much it. I wish I had a goal with more practical implications.

If your curious about this song, here is some kid getting 100% on it. I will never be that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home