Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Things I Found On My Camera: A Historical Journey!

Edit: I'm sorry that this was the image that youtube grabbed to promote the video. It was not a conscious decision on my part.



So funny story. I just assumed that my macbook had imovie. Well I'm new to this whole apple computer thing and it turns out I have to buy it. So efff that esss.

Went to Waterman. They only have imovie HD which has an entire different setup then imovie. My previously saved files wouldn't upload so I had to start another. I couldn't even flip my photos around. So here is what I did in imovie HD and I hope to get imovie soon so I can do it better.

Now about my movie. I have no real direction but I'm focusing on my need to preserve my life. I do this through a camera sometimes. So I went through all the saved files on my camera and pulled out some significant photos. The only problem is I don't know how to end it. I don't really know enough about myself to analyze my life anyway. I think I might keep running with this idea of focusing on my scary obsession with never losing past events or information. I could explore how this obsession sometimes keeps me stuck in the past rather then focusing on the future. But maybe I'll scrap the whole thing and do something else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Partington said...

I have the same issue with wanting to preserve my life through my camera, unfortunately I bought a camera and memory stick that can hold a little over a thousand pictures at a time. In two short months I have acquired over 1500 pictures, most that will not mean anything to me in a few short years.

I wonder if this obsession of our generation comes from the immediate presence in our lives from the media, or if it is something else.

October 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger aujwat6 said...

That's really weird that your MacBook doesn't have iMovie on it...I thought they all did? I guess I was wrong.
I can't wait to see your finished project!

October 2, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home