Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

This is a quick post to try and turn you guys on to something that is very, very cool.

It is a musical written by Joss Whedon, of Buffy the Vampire and Firefly fame, during the writer's strike as a side project. It stars Neil Patrick Harris, of Harold and Kumar and Doogie Howser fame. Not into musicals? Don't worry this one breaks the mold and isn't anything like Rent or Sound of Music



The best part of the package is that the damn thing is free to watch. I implore you to give it a chance. It is 45 minutes in total but is broken up into three 13-ish minute acts. The first 3 minutes are a little slow but it picks up in a strong way and really rewards a full viewing; if not multiple.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erik R. said...

I was just watching it, and I have to say I liked it. It was funny and action packed, plus had some catchy tunes. The ending kind of threw me though, that last second. All in all a pretty sweet video.

September 27, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger charlotte snowe said...

haha that was really great! where did you find this? im not a big musical person, but this was edgy and definitely out of the mold.

October 2, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger M. Haji Bigman said...

haha, definitely a different spin on the musical genre. I don't quite whether I like it or if it was just ok, but it was a really good spin on my conception of musicals. I only watched the first half to be honest, but maybe I should give it some more time. Thanks for the post!

October 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home