Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mandatory Interview with a Chatty K@

The following is a documentation of a real interview, that took place in real life, in real time. We had to write down as accurately as possible what our partner said. I think I got about 15% of what was actually said.

The person I interviewed was Kaleb. He talks a lot and it is rarely about anything good. The following is a transcript of the conversation.

Austin: Who are you?
Kaleb: Kaleb (author's note: Don't be fooled about how short this answer was)
A: What was your favorite video story-thing?
K: Untitled by Nancy Palate or however she said her name. Make sure you write by Nancy Palate because there are two untitled.
A: Yeah ok. Why did you like this?
K: Really it was just the formatting. I like how the video clips were in the chest...the formatting was badass. IN the video she actually had videos in a video.
A: What was your least favorite part?
K: ummm.oh yeah the whole thing in the end with God and her being a light traveler.
A: Summarize the video please.
K: Okay basically there is a woman who moved a lot...I can't remember if she moved from Ecuador ...let me check...yeah she did...maybe. So she moved to the country and moved around the country. Make sure you write malcontent. She said when you move you have to unpack which takes about a month. And you never know what you have until you have to pack it. Packing is a bitch


It was a good talk for the most part. I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I can't comprehend most things at the moment, so I didn't catch everything he said. I am sure that is what this exercise was supposed to show; to illustrate a communication breakdown between what is said and what is written. At least that is what I hope was the case.

Oh by the way, Kaleb isn't very interesting but his blog can be found over here. I'm linking it mostly because you can find his interview with me which should prove to be much more entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home