Monday, September 8, 2008

Any way you Slice it.

So I just got through reading the Slice blogs. After my initial reaction of "Wow, this is really annoying to read bottom to top with way too much scrolling involved" I ended up thinking that this is really a pretty cool little mystery story. I was certainly intrigued. If it was written normally, like beginning to end straight down, and perhaps a little less casually, I bet you couldn't even tell it came from the internet. I bet you couldn't even distinguish it from some other short stroy mystery ghost stories. But the blog fromat does do it's part. It certainly makes the passing of time much more apparent as you can see exactly what happens when due to everything being timestamped. Having both the parents and childs view was also a interesting feature that might have been more difficult to do in a traditional book sense. In Slice's blog there is a lot more exposition I guess the word would be. But that doesn't make sense as it's a blog. But it starts earlier and tells us more about the move and how and why it happened. Now if you look at the parents blog it only starts on the last 2 days before Slice's disappearance and mostly is just posts worrying about where thier daughter is. As most parents should, but it doesn't make for as interesting a story as Slices blog. Her's is fun to see the progression of finding the diary, reading it, figuring out what it means, and looking through the hole. Although it did kind of leave me hanging. I wanted just a bit more information about this hole and where it lead and the significance of the hare/rabbit. But I suppose that is part of this mystery. We are supposed to find clues in each of the blogs and and piece it together. I haven't cheated yet and gone to one of those threads they posted in the comments that helps you solve it, I think after discussing it more in class and looking through it more I will go back and attempt to figure it out.

Also, I kind of noticed the connection between Alice in Wonderland and this. Hare going thorough a hole into another dimension? But that's all I've got so far.

1 Comments:

Blogger bLOWFISH said...

I agree on the Alice in Wonderland aspect. What???

September 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home